Monday, January 12, 2009

My Dogs Are Barkin!!!

I started working out again last week (No, it was not a New Year's Resolution, I just took the holidays off). When I first start back after taking off an extended period of time, my feet are really sore. (Maybe it is a sign that I am getting old.) When I get up to walk, it takes me a few steps for the pain to stop. I'm sure I am a vision of grace as I hobble along. It's the price I pay for getting out of my routine. It got me thinking about the price we pay when we get out of a routine of prayer.

My Pastor, Jim Crooks, has been preaching about spiritual warfare on Sunday evenings. The material is good stuff. This past week he was speaking on the Armor of God. He shared that the place of our spiritual armor is prayer. He said the reason so many people have trouble praying is because they don't do it on a regular basis. Some people don't even do it at all. He gave some good tips to help with one's prayer life.


1. Pray Accurately: Pray in the spirit; let the spirit direct.

2. Pray Always: In all occasions.

3. Pray in All Ways: Petition, Intercession, Confession, Praise, Confession, Thanksgiving

4. Pray Alertly: Not lazy praying; be disciplined and alert.

5. Pray for All People: Pray for the Saints

Prayer is vital to a healthy Christian walk. Maybe you struggle with having a quality prayer time. It is something that this ADD Worship Minister struggles with every day. It may be painful for you to do. Here is the deal, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. It takes discipline. I went and worked out this morning and you know what? My feet don't hurt as bad.

No comments: