Friday, January 16, 2009

Kickin It Old School

At Southside Baptist, we kick it old school on Sunday nights and sing from the hymnals. I typically pick Hymns that I am familiar with that will match Jim's sermons. Every once and awhile, I'll let the congregation pick some of their favorites. Most people will pick what I would call the "Old Stand-By's". These are songs that everyone is familiar with. Every once and awhile I'll get thrown a curve ball and someone will call out one that I am unfamiliar with. Well I found myself stretched more than usual this past Sunday. I am glad I was stretched, otherwise, I may never have sung these words:

"And Can It Be"
And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior's blood?
Dies for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be that
Thou, my God should die for me?
"All That Thrills My Soul Is Jesus"
Who can cheer the heart like Jesus
By His presence all divine?
True and tender, pure and precious,
O how blest to call Him Mine!
All that thrills my soul is Jesus, He is more than life to me;
And the fairest of ten thousand in my blessed Lord I see.

Aren't you thankful for Amazing Love? How does Jesus thrill your soul?

No comments: