Sunday, August 9, 2009

How Are You Doing Today?

We have been doing "Back To School" shopping this weekend. (Taking advantage of the Tax Free Weekend here in SC). We were paying for some stuff and the guy behind the register asked:

"How are are doing today?"

"I am fantastic!", I replied.

The guy chuckled and said "That's the first time I have heard that today." He went on to share that most people say fine or ok. Let me ask you a question...

When you meet people and they ask how you are doing, what do you say? I had a stint where I said "I'm Tired". Was not aware I was doing it until someone called me out. I didn't realize that my response was having the effect it did. Since then, I have tried to be intentional about saying something positive when I am asked how I am doing. You never know what effect it can have on someone or what door may open for conversation to continue.


So... How are you doing today?